Saturday, December 15, 2012

On the road again

Tomorrow I begin my six week tour of Africa which will take me all the way from Nairobi to Cape Town.

I have really enjoyed my past few weeks travelling solo, but I'm looking forward to not having to worry about the logistics of getting from A to B. I'm also relishing the prospect of not having to hang around bus stations or matatu stands. (why is it that in every country bus stations are inevitably in a dodgy dark and dingy part of town?)

I'm also happy that I'll no longer have to take solo taxis at night in strange cities with all my belongings - I always feel most vulnerable when in reality I am solely at the mercy of the taxi driver.

I'll try to keep updating on the road, but it will depend on finding Internet access. The next update will most likely come to you from Zanzibar where I will be spending Christmas in 30+ degree heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment