Sunday, November 18, 2012

Photo time

Thus far the entirety of my blog has been written on my iPhone.  It is not exactly ideal for writing long blog posts but I am coping with writing the text itself.  The main disadvantage of using the iPhone is that I haven't been able to upload any of my photos from my SLR camera.  Today I have ventured to the internet cafe to attempt to show you some of my photos (with the added bonus that if I have my camera stolen like I did in South America I will at least have some of my favorite photos backed up).

I have taken a lot of black and white photos since I have been here.  This is just one.  If I get a decent internet connection anytime soon I'll upload some more.

The Nile on a beautiful evening as we overlooked it from the Adrift campsite.  I would seriously recommend the white water rafting, insane fun, especially the 15ft waterfall on the first rapid.


Children here are so photogenic. The half off, ripped tee shirt is a common sight.

This photograph was taken in Katosi, which was the "port" we left from for the trip out onto Lake Victoria.  Cows are literally tethered everywhere in Uganda.  In fact there are two cows referred to as the "rubbish tip cows" as they graze on one of the rubbish tips in Mukono.  Its no wonder that the beef tastes so strong here. 

These were some of the children that mobbed us when we arrived at the first island on Lake Victoria.  They were very intrigued to see photos of themselves on our cameras and couldn't stop giggling and laughing whenever we showed them their photos.

This is a photograph taken through the crack between the wooden boards of our accommodation on the island.  A snapshot of island life early in the morning.

I have hundreds more photos, but unfortunately the internet connection here is pretty slow and for some reason blogger is really slow at loading these.  I will try and load some more photos at some stage.  As the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment