Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bedewed

I am feeling a bit bedewed this week (a nicer way of expressing extremely hot!) It is currently rainy season here (there are two each year) and it hasn't rained for a few days so it is very muggy and humid.

People here are always asking me how I am finding the heat. In truth I have found it fine apart from the last week. It gets to around 27 degrees most afternoons but it cools to a pleasant sleeping temperature of 19 degrees at night.

The humidity has been worse the last week and when combined with a slight fever from a cold it hasn't been ideal.

The classrooms offer some breeze (as evidenced by the photos) but it is pretty limited. It is fair to say by the end of a day spent in close proximity with thirty five 9-13 year olds I have a pretty special aroma (and I have included a photo of the dusty feet, no unfortunately it's not a tan). Luckily the bucket showers have been serving me as well as I could hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment